Everyone agrees that the economic downturn has caused everyone a lot of distress. Although it’s not really “all in our mind,” mindset does have a lot to do with how we view the future. Let’s talk about it.
Everyone agrees that the market or economic challenges can cause lot of distress for people. Mindset has a lot to do with how successful organizations are able to overcome adversity and achieve future outcomes. Let’s talk about it.
- The man’s head represents a company. Look at the left side of “his head” first. Describe the images and read the signs.
- Do these behaviors remind you of anything happening at our company? What do you think is the mindset of each person at the edge of Hopeless Gulch?
- Now look at the right side of the sketch. The people are climbing the same mountain, but with a different mindset. Describe each image on Engagement Terrace.
- Have we seen any behaviors at our company that remind you of these people?
- What are the people on the stairs at the lower right doing? Why is this important?
- In order to get to Payoff Peak, the teams need to pass through the Cloud of Turbulent Times. How does mindset make a difference when companies have to go through that cloud?
- What are some ways to get our people on the right side of the sketch instead of the left?
- What will it take to get us to the top of Payoff Peak?
- When we get there, what different things would we have to celebrate?
View a larger size